I’ve got a matter of minutes before my baby awakes from her magical slumber and turns in to a salivating little monster in search of THE MILK.
I wanted to give a quick update of where things are at with the most recent masterpiece in the making – a compilation of Natural Birth Stories, meant to inspire woman to take control of their birth care.
I now have over twenty birth stories contributed. They may have all been natural births, but each story is very unique, as are the bad ass mamas featured.
- A Woman that had two medicated births and wanted to finally have the birth experience she desired
- A woman that gave birth in one of the most progressive birth countries: The Netherlands
- A woman that delivered TWINS without pain meds
- A woman that had her baby eight minutes after arriving at the hospital (my hand is up)
- A woman whose labor lasted more than a day
- A woman that had to fight the negativity she received from the hospital staff to persevere
- A woman whose body was recovering from physical injury and just a year ago never would have thought her body was capable
- A woman that had to face the feared “back labor”
- A woman afraid of hospitals and pain.
- A woman that has been ashamed to share her birth story because it’s not acceptable to share a positive birth story in light of all the negativity surrounding birth
- A woman that had to cancel a work presentation to go deliver her baby
In short, a bad ass woman just like you.
So here is where I am at –
The stories are in, I have requested follow-up details from every contributor, I interviewed Staci (Doula and Owner of Labor of Love), I hired the editor this afternoon, and I am wrapping up the opening chapters this week.
The book is on track to come out this summer. Subscribe to this blog via email to be the first to know when it launches, or follow us on Facebook @Storiesbyjkcoy.
I typically give out some free copies of my books during launch to readers on my email list. So make sure you share this with friends that may be interested.
More news to come.