I’m in love with my pants. Hands down they are the most comfortable thing I’ve worn, pregnant or not. The weird thing is, they aren’t mine. Even weirder, I intend to return them.
I’ve worn them three days in a row now and I plan to wear them every day until Baby Two arrives, and probably for a week or two after that. Then, back they go. No point in keeping them since I’ll soon be out of maternity sizes.
So why am I raving about pants that aren’t even mine, that I plan to wear to the max, and that I’m going to return?
It’s because over three years ago I joined a rent and return clothing exchange called Le Tote. I initially joined long before I was pregnant, but now this service has carried me through two pregnancies, and all the time in between. Weddings, interviews, casual days, parties, business meetings, trends I wasn’t sure I could pull off, trends I didn’t want to commit to, a growing belly, a shrinking belly – the service has been there with me through it all.
For the first two trimesters I can typically craft something together to wear – a rubber band to give me more room on your pants button, a flowy dress, or leggings and a long shirt – but by that third trimester it starts getting really iffy. That’s when I switch from the regular Tote Box to the Maternity Box for a few months.
Pregnant or Not, Here’s How the Service Works:
- Sign up for Le Tote here, and get your first BOX FREE!
- Fill out a style profile.
- Sign up for a monthly plan (cancel at any time). When I’m not pregnant I do the five piece box (three clothing items/two accessories). When I’m pregnant I do the Maternity Box with three pieces (two clothing items/one accessory). They have plenty of name brands to pick from – Lucky, Kate Spade, Jessica Simpson, Vince Camuto, Calvin Klein, etc. and accessories include jewelry, scarfs, and handbags!
- Le Tote curates the shipment for you based on style preference, fit, time of year – and then you have 48 hrs. before they ship it to go in to your account and swap items if you want. *I do this almost every time because I usually have an event coming up that I want specific items for.
- Your Tote clothing arrives in the mail with a preprinted mailer for your free return shipment.
- Wear the items as long as you want (you don’t even have to wash them before you return them), and drop them in the mail. If it’s during the same month, you get to pick more clothes without paying anything else. I typically get three boxes a month for one monthly fee. Ladies, that’s like 15 items for about $60 a month! Plus you can add insurance for five bucks a month in case anything happens to the clothes. Mother’s of little ones, it’s worth the peace of mind.
- If you ever want to keep items – they offer awesome discounts off the retail price. But don’t feel like you have to. The premise is wear, return, repeat!
Hoping you find some clothes that make you as happy as my cozy pants make me. Everyone deserves to love their pants and everything else in their closet!
One thought on “How to Love Your Maternity Pants, Then Return Them for A Smaller Size”